When you first begin to develop your website it can seem like a daunting task. Making sure your website is effective is very important so you don’t waste time or money. Having a website is a great way to increase credibility for your company and to help potential customers become aware that you exist. In this blog post, we present several factors to consider as you make an effective website.
An Effective Website is Mobile-Friendly
Having a mobile-friendly website is much more important than you may realize. Website visitors using mobile devices accounted for 63% of website traffic in 2017, leaving desktop users at only 37% according to Stone Temple. This means there is a high probability most of your website visitors will be visiting your website from their mobile devices. The number of mobile website visitors increases every year. This is why it’s very important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
Put Important Information Above “The Fold”
“The fold” is the point of needing to scroll down on a website. When you go to a website, the bottom of your screen is that website’s fold. It’s important to add compelling information or content that encourages the website visitor to stay on your website, before the fold. You can add a compelling hook in your blog post, include contact information, or anything else that may keep the visitor browsing your website. If the beginning of the webpage is not interesting to the visitor, it’s unlikely that they will scroll down past the fold. Take into account mobile devices when placing information, because their folds are different than desktops.
Practice SEO Strategies
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps your website gain visibility for search engine results. To have an effective website, it’s very important to practice SEO to ensure people are finding your site. Practicing SEO is a relatively inexpensive type of marketing that will help increase your website’s organic traffic.
Include Call-to-Action Buttons
Call-to-action buttons help your readers take their next step on your website. You can add these specific buttons to help guide your website visitors to where you want them to go. The type of call-to-action button you want to use depends on the type of services you provide and your goals. Call-to-action buttons can tell a reader to do many different things such as “Download” or “Call Now!” Including these types of buttons is a great way to increase conversions on your website.
Are you enjoying this post? If so, be sure to subscribe for occasional email updates from our team!
Have an SSL Certificate
If you have customers provide their payment information, you may want to get an SSL certificate for your website. Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) help to establish secure and encrypted connections. Potential customers should feel safe when providing their payment information on your website. You don’t want a customer to get scared away from investing because your website does not have a secure connection. Having an SSL will make your website safe and reliable for customers. This will also help to establish your credibility as a website owner if you take this step to protect your clients. As an added benefit, Google will be encouraged to rank your website more highly if you have an SSL certificate installed on your website.
ReCAPTCHA is a service offered by Google. It’s a great protective measure that helps prevent malicious software from attacking your website. This service is completely free and can save you a lot of time and money in the long-run. Including reCAPTCHA on your website will block a lot of spam from getting to your inbox and on your website.
Have a Good Design
No one wants to browse a cluttered, messy or slow website. A poorly designed website has the tendency to make visitors click off immediately. You want your website to have a clean and organized design that encourages people to continue to browse. As mentioned in our blog post, “DIY Website: How to Save Thousands of Dollars”, getting a great website design is easier than it seems. If you know your website has a poor design, try cleaning it up.
Having an effective website is important when establishing your credibility and turning website visitors into clients or customers. With these different tips, you are likely to have a more effective website that keeps people coming back. If you have any questions about running an effective website, feel free to contact us by filling out the form below.